New Indian Visa Application Centres. The State Bank of India has launched three new Indian Visa Application Centres (IVACs) at Rangpur, Barisal and Mymensingh on 13th September, 2015. The three Centres were inaugurated through video conference at Barisal by His Excellency Shri Pankaj Saran, High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh in presence of Mr Siddharatha Sengupta, Deputy Managing Director (International Banking Group), State Bank of India Corporate Centre, (Mumbai) India.
With the inauguration of these Centres, IVACs are now available at ten locations in Bangladesh (Gulshan, Motijheel and Dhanmondi in Dhaka), Rajshahi, Chittagong, Sylhet, Khulna, Rangpur, Barisal and Mymensingh.
The new IVACs in Rangpur, Barisal and Mymensingh will start functioning from 14th September, 2015. Their addresses and jurisdictions are as follows:
· Mymensingh IVAC: 297/1, Masakanda, Ist Floor, Masakanda Bus Stand, Mymensingh.
Serving applicants from: Jamalpur, Kishoreganj, Mymensingh, Netrokona, Sherpur, Tangail, Bhaluka.
· Barisal IVAC: North City Super Market, 1st Floor, Barisal City Corporation, Amrita Lal Dey Road, Barisal.
Serving applicants from: Barisal, Barguna, Bhola, Jhalakoti, Patuakhali, Pirojpur.
· Rangpur IVAC: J.B. Sen Road, Opposite Ram Krishana Mission, Mahigonj.
Serving applicants from: Rangpur, Dinajpur, Kurigram, Gaibanda, Nilphamari, Panchagarh, Thakurgaon and Lalmonirhat.
The following NEW SERVICES for the benefit of visa applicants were also launched by State Bank of India:
1. Dedicated IVAC Helpline: Introduction of new telephone numbers 09612333666 and 09614333666 for queries between Saturday to Thursday from 0800 hours to 2000 hours.
2. SMS alert service: Visa applicants will receive automatic SMS messages on their mobile numbers entered in their applications advising them about delivery dates of their passports.
3. Prepayment of visa processing fees: IVAC Visa processing fees can now be paid directly at any registered UCash outlet in Bangladesh or through mobile payment to UCash prior to submission of applications at IVACs. This will simplify payment procedures.
For further details visit our website: www.ivacbd.com